Yes you read that correctly -Chocolate Sweet Potato Brownies!
Now in all fairness, my daughter makes a wicked brownie, but it has a 1/2lb of butter in it, and tons of sugar. Do I eat them, yes, should I? Not really, but its my princess!
I really like sweet potatoes, and sweet potatoes are a good source of Vitamin A and fiber.
You can use the natural, unsweetened canned version if you don’t have any leftover cooked sweet potatoes or want to take the time to cook some. Just be sure to really puree the sweet potato to avoid eating chunks of it in your brownie 🙂
- 3 eggs
- ¼ cup maple syrup, or more to taste
- ½ cup melted coconut oil + extra for greasing
- ¾ cup almond meal
- 1/3 cup cocoa powder
- 1 t baking powder
- 1 cup cooked sweet potato
- Optional: chocolate chips for topping
- Preheat the oven to 350°F. Grease baking pan with coconut oil.
- Whisk together the eggs, syrup, and coconut oil until well combined. In a separate bowl, combine almond meal, cocoa powder and baking powder.
- Whisk the dry ingredients into the wet. Whisk in the sweet potato.
- Pour brownie batter into baking pan and bake for 30 minutes, or until an inserted toothpick comes out clean. If using chocolate chips, lightly press them on the brownie shortly after it comes out of the oven.